14 November 2017

Follow the Path - stamp layering


Autumn is a time of wonderful colours. Some of my favourites are from the maples along with the whirly seeds. Even as an adult, when I see those seeds on the ground and after quickly looking around to see no one is watching, I pick them up and toss them into the air to see them whirl around as they fall.


Putting It Together

I am not the best at stamp layering, so I was concentrating more on getting the stamps positioned than taking pictures. The stamp set has 4 stamps to build up the leaf and 5 for the whirly seeds. 

I used 8 inks, two sets of Dew Drops, in various combinations to give the leaves and whirly seads more variety in their colouring. I then stamped the sentiment with Versamark and brushed Perfect Pearls on the sticky ink. The Perfect Pearls also clung to the not fully dried leaves and seeds to give them a subtle shine, too. 


I left the inside blank.




Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Falling Leaves
Pearly Sparkles: Autumnal Colours
Try It On Tuesday: Home Sweet Home
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Such pretty layered leaves! I love the saying with them. Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you back with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of layering ! Makes for a wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fantastic quote you added to your wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you had me at Perfect Pearls! I think you did a marvelous job layering the stamps. What a great Thanksgiving card! I'm so glad you shared this with us at Just For Fun Rubber Stamps this week! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful elegant card! I love the quote too! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.